If you are considering restoring an entire arch — or even your entire mouth — of teeth, full-arch restoration may be the solution for you. For patients who are experiencing severe tooth loss, traditional dentures are no longer the only replacement method. Full-arch restoration is a desirable and ideal choice for those looking to experience the benefits of dental implants in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
What is full-arch restoration?
Full-arch restoration is just as it sounds: it is a replacement option for restoring an entire upper or lower arch of missing or failing teeth, thus eliminating the need for multiple implant surgeries. The dental implants promote healthy jaw bone growth and allow the patient to eat, speak, and smile with confidence.
During the procedure, your oral surgeon will place a temporary but fixed set of teeth on four or more dental implants. After a period of healing, a new, permanent arch of teeth will be placed. Most patients opt for IV sedation, which allows them to sleep comfortably while their implants are being placed.
Patients who have chosen to undergo the full-arch restoration procedure enjoy all of the benefits below:
- A permanent solution to traditional dentures. The full-arch restoration prosthesis is fixed into the mouth and looks, feels, and functions like natural teeth.
- Immediate benefits. Because an entire upper or lower arch of teeth are placed the same day as the dental implants, patients can immediately enjoy their new smile, even during the healing period.
- Minimized healing time. Using as few as four dental implants to secure the new arch of teeth, our oral surgeons can angle the implants for optimal hold. This reduces the need for excessive bone grafting procedures and eliminates the need to restore every tooth with individual implants. Without the hassle of additional procedures, patients can get back to their normal routine faster.
- Improved bone health. With an entire arch of teeth that is fully functional, the bone beneath the teeth is stimulated to prevent bone loss.
- Easy maintenance. No more dental adhesives! After the dental implants have healed completely, caring for an entire upper or lower arch of teeth is just like caring for natural teeth, such as brushing and flossing every day. They may require an occasional visit to the dentist for adjustment.
- Positive results. Patients who are suffering from multiple missing or failing teeth feel a restoration of confidence after a full-arch procedure. It’s time to smile!
If you have multiple missing or failing teeth, full-arch restoration may be the right treatment for you. If you would like to be considered for the revolutionary procedure that has restored the smiles and confidences of countless patients, we encourage you to call our offices in Wenatchee or Moses Lake, WA. One of our team members will be happy to help set up an appointment for you. Our oral surgeons will meet with you to discuss and determine the treatment options that will give you your best result. We look forward to meeting you.